Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Not Really

It's been a few days, I know, but I've been busy. I haven't been able to work up much of a dudgeon ("origin unknown", says Answers.com) about the typos I see around me, such as "it's" for "its" in a recent BoingBoing posting, something which usually pisses me off, or the stupid headline misspelling "dim-wiited" (no spell-checker for those folks!) in a recent edition of our local litter-box liner, the Moncton Times & Transcript.

Hey, maybe I'm mellowing out!

Nah. I've just been busy. Here, to tide you over, is an amusing blog about the use, or misuse, of the word "literally" when "figuratively" is meant, and a Slate.com article defending the usage. (Me? I hate the usage--I think it sounds ill-informed, even subliterate, and I'd never use it. But it doesn't make me lose sleep at night.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home