Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Drawing a Blank

I got nothin' today. Nothin', I tells ya!

In the car on the way to work today--we rented a car for the long weekend, only to find that I'm working both Saturday and Sunday--the word "ceramic" came up, and I made a mental note to look it up on the premise that it might be interesting, but it isn't. Look it up yourself if you don't believe me.

At work itself, I was just too busy to even think about whatever it is I usually think about that leads to a blog entry, and then we went out for supper and there weren't even any typos in the menu. Heading home, no hilariously misspelled signs along the way. As I said, nothin'.

There's this, though. From "Joe My God", a blog that Jim reads but I don't (I have nothing against it, but the day has only so many hours in it and I already spend three, maybe four hours a day in front of the computer and a man has to draw the line somewhere), two appalling typos from a photo display at the Masonic Temple in Manhattan. "Sky scrappers" and "eletric streetcars", indeed.

There's a lesson in this, Masonic Temple photo-caption writer(s), and the lesson is:

If you do not hire a proofreader to comb through and correct your very public utterances, you will be deservedly humiliated in a very public way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home