Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Or Else

I have avoided Kentucky Fried Chicken for just about fifteen years, ever since I got food poisoning there (as far as I know, anyway--I couldn't pin it on anything else I'd eaten). Today, though, we were out (click here to see what else I did at the mall) and there wasn't anything else that I felt like eating, and I figured, well, hey, what are the chances of getting food poisoning again from the same chain in a different city fifteen years later? If I do get sick tonight, though, I'll know the universe is trying to tell me something.

Anyway. As I was waiting for the food, I was reading the menu board, since I will read anything and everything, and here are the exact words under one item (I know because I wrote them down):

A tender boneless chicken fillet, coated in KFC's secret blend or 11 herbs and spices.

I was flabbergasted.

I know: "of" and "or" get mixed up all the time in our day-to-day life--the relevant letters are one atop the other on the keyboard, and the spellchecker won't catch it. But there's no excuse for this. It's a corporately-produced lightboard sign. It's commercial advertising. It must have gone through a dozen hands, and surely at least one proofreader, and yet somehow they let a typo slip through? They might as well have posted a sign that read KENUTCKY FRIED CHICKEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home