Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Unwonderful

I had a completely psychotic weekend at work (if we consider "weekend" to be "Friday afternoon through Monday afternoon, with not nearly enough sleep"), and it pushed me right to the limit, but I finally get a day off, and I'm okay.

Here's something I'm not okay about, though; a hideous neologism which someone dreamed up for no reason whatever.

As should be obvious from what I said on Friday morning, before all the work insanity started, I have no problem with neologisms, if they're well-made and clever and serve a purpose. But this thing? Never.

It's in the headline to an article in The Times of London about people in their mid-thirties who are somehow only now discovering that life doesn't necessarily go exactly the way you planned it:

Mid-thirties crisis? You're having a thrisis

"Thrisis"? From "thirties crisis"? Oh fuck no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home