Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Friday, October 17, 2008

Do Over

Remember what I was saying yesterday about shoving words together and thereby changing their meanings? Well, have a look at this:

I was in the supermarket yesterday and I picked up this product, Lysol Dual Action Cubes (because I like to throw something in the toilet tank that does at least some of the cleaning work for me), and then I read the back of the package, and naturally, being me, the first thing I saw was the typo, and so as a result, even though I didn't need this product at this very moment, I bought it. If it's a marketing strategy, it's a very obscure one, but it worked.

"Over time" is an adverbial phrase that means "across the course of an indeterminate amount of time". "Overtime", on the other hand, is a noun that means "work beyond one's usual or scheduled duration". "Protective wrap dissolves overtime" means, well, nothing, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home