Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Two Bits

Now this is something really nice, courtesy of (of course!) Boingboing.net: an animated history of the Roman alphabet (which is to say the one that we use).

+

A typo in a cartoon! At least, I think it must be a typo, unless there is a place I've never heard of called Toldeo: otherwise, the cartoonist, Alison Bechdel, presumably labouring under a deadline, wrote out what she thought and meant to be Toledo. (I was always envious that her name was so agreeable to being anagrammed; some of the pseudo pseudonyms she's worked under, Edward Gorey style, are Chloe B. DeSnail and Delia Bloensch. My own name isn't nearly as forthcoming.)

Typo or no, you should be reading her cartoon, "Dykes To Watch Out For", which is tremendous. The twice-monthly strip is here, and when you're done with that, you can read the archives going way, way back by clicking on "Read the Strip" on the left-hand edge of that page. And then buy her books--I have the first seven--and maybe a T-shirt. Does she still have T-shirts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home