Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

True Love

Last Hallowe'en I wrote this and now's as good a time as any to read it again, if you've a mind to. The fight's lost, anyway: Googling "hallowe'en" gives 1.72 million hits, and "halloween -hallowe'en" (which is to say pages that contain the first spelling but not the second) 281 million. I can see which way the wind blows. But I'm still going to insert that apostrophe until the day I die.

+

In Part Two of our continuing series on comic-strip typos (one a year, it seems), we have the following exhibit:

(It's from Carol Lay's Salon.com comic WayLay.)

"Aphrodisiac" is the correct spelling: it's from the Greek goddess of love and beauty, Aphrodite, who no doubt was glad to give her name to a potion which sparks sexual arousal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home