Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Drawing a Blank

Yes, I'm still alive, and no, I just haven't had anything to write about in days. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been spending way too much time over the last couple of days playing iSketch, a really fun, well-implemented online game of Pictionary: maybe that has something to do with it. Also, watching more television than I usually do, for some reason, including lots of movies. (Tonight was not only The Amazing Race, the only reality show worth watching, but also Heroes, the usual Monday night episode, which was shown 24 hours early in Canada for some reason. Spoilers, anyone?)

I did notice (well, re-notice) the label on a storage container at work: the company name is Sterilite. "Well, so what?", you're saying. Well, if you add an accent to the final "e", you get "stérilité", which is the French word for "sterility". Isn't that sort of cool? A word (a brand name, a sort-of word) in one language that's a completely different word in another language? Oulipo a French consortium of writers and mathematicians that plays with the language, has a list of words that mean one thing in French and another in English, and do you think I can find that list online? Not a chance. It's got to be out there somewhere. I'm too busy playing iSketch to look for it properly, or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home