Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Unedited

I can turn anything into a demand for more proofreading. Just watch.

Here's a Chris Rock joke from his HBO special "Never Scared":

If drugs were legalized, there would be a drug spot in every corner. It wouldn't be a Starbucks. It'd be Weedbucks. McDonald's? McCokeald's. Krispy Kreme? Kracky Kreme. Krispy Kreme Donuts are so good, if I told you it had crack in it, you would be like, "I knew it was something in there. These donuts are too good. Got me going there at 4 o'clock in the morning going, "Come on, man, open up. Let me have at least one donut. I'll do anything. I'll suck your dick!" That should be the new slogan. Krispy Kreme: So good, you'll suck a dick.

Naturally, someone had to make a graphical version of it, and if you do a Google Images search for "Krispy Kreme", here's the sixth hit:

Evidently some doofus at television station WAGT in Augusta, Georgia, did that same Google Images search and grabbed the first thing that seemed clear and appropriately sized without actually looking at it (although I suppose it could have been done on purpose, if he wanted to get fired), and this is what they ended up putting on the air:

(It's not Photoshopped. It's the real thing. Here's the video.)

And this is why all text everywhere always needs to be carefully proofed before it hits the public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home