Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Friday, July 30, 2010

Blow Up

From a recent Slate article on the Zeitgeistiness of American TV:

American television has long stood in for American education. TV "shows" us how to live, how to survive in an office and a family, how to train our dogs and cook our food. How to successfully date, marry, and disarm nuclear devices.

I don't watch much in the way of television, but I would absolutely watch a show that showed me how to go on dates with a nuclear device, marry it, and then disarm it. You know, just in case.

Wait. The US government won't let two men marry one another, but it will allow a citizen to marry a radioactive weapon?

1 Comments:

Blogger Frank said...

That's what separates Americans from you Canucks: down here, we marry our weapons and shoot our spouses!

Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home