Cephalogenic

or, stuff that I dragged out of my head

Name:
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tomb Raider

Look, I know I said I wasn't going to keep posting mistakes from The Sims 3, but frankly there are a lot of them, and you may have noticed that I haven't been posting a whole lot lately, mostly because when I'm not reading I'm either knitting or playing The Sims, very often at the same time (I'm talented that way), so it's this or nothing.

And it's not that often that you get to see "epitomy" in the wild, because you would think that most people who make their livings using computers, especially those working at companies that make enormously popular software, are at least savvy enough to use a spellchecker, especially if they are publishing enormously popular software.

I've spotted at least half a dozen typos and grammatical errors so far in the World Adventures expansion pack, which to me is way too many. (There should be none.) Almost makes you think the company rushed it out before it was ready, which in fact is the case; there have been a number of patches since it was launched in mid-November, the most recent one less than two weeks ago (just look at that list of fixes), and I guess all the bugs still aren't ironed out, because I've had two crashes back to the desktop since then, which never happened in living memory (and I've been playing The Sims since the very beginning in 2000). Lucky I save frequently.

Still, I'm playing it, which must mean it can't be that tragic an experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home